Thursday, June 24, 2010

2 Yrs

Two years ago tonight i was spending my first night with my sweet little man! He was SO tiny and I just fell in love!

A year later he was already this big (with no teeth but lots of smiles)
He wasnt walking, and saying just a handful of words

And tonight I put this sweet little boy...yes boy not baby to bed...as a 2 yr old and I want to cry!
He has become a spirited, silly, loving, stubborn, helpful little boy and I couldn't love him more! He talks and talks! He is growing and changing every day! He loves cars and trucks, trains and soccer. He is a little stud who hates babysitters and is working on nursrey, loves his mommy and cries whenever daddy has to get off the phone at work! I can only imagine what he will be like next year! My amazing cousin took pictures of him yesterday for his birthday and they turned out FANTASTIC but for some reason this is the only one I can get to load... but seriously how cute is this! There are some more on her blog lifethroughbrislens.blogspot.com


Now of course I my camcorder wasn't working and the battery wouldn't stay in my camera today so I have no pictures of Jaden on his actual Birthday...lame I know, but we have been celebrating him for the last week so I hope these will suffice!

We had a family BBQ with my family last weekend to celebrate dads and Jaden and my mom got Jaden an adorable cars cake and he thinkgs it is just the coolest thing to have everyone sing to him... Here are a few pics

That's my son, as soon as the candles were out...he went for the frosting! In the process though he did manage to singe his eyebrows and eyelashes!


We also had a family birthday dinner at Shawns parent's house where we celebrated both jaden and Nathan's birthdays! We did much better with the candles this time!




My sisters Annie, Sarah, Rachel, and the kiddos came up to visit and we had such a great time! The kids played all day long in the sunshine and played so great with eachother! I love how close in age all our kids are, as of this fall we will have 8 under the age of 4...oh the memories they will make with eachother and the trouble they will cause! I'm so excited!

Libby and Jaden
Jaden got this killer water table from us and Nana for his birthday and all the kids LOVE it!
Here he is with Meagan

Eathing a yummy treat
okay I know this child is not mine but I LOVE this picture of cute Hayla in her sunglasses!


Here is just a fun picture of how Jaden and I spend our lazy days! This child could easily spend HOURS throwing rocks into the creek! Love it!
On Tuesday I decided to head down to see my sisters and instead of going to the pool (because they are lame and don't open until noon) we decided to have a pool party at Nana's. Again...SO much fun with the cousins! We set up the pool, put the slide in and the kids went to town.


My sister Amy bough a slip and slide and I would be lying if I said the kids actually understood how to use it, they still had fun. We ended up just throwing them down...which was a good work out for us and lots of fun for them!


All in all it was just a fun afternoon that I really NEEDED and enjoyed! I love my sisters!

Here is J just playing
That night I ended up taking Jaden to his first movie ever! He did SO good and actually seemed to enjoy it! It was a fun filled day, but one that at the end you some how feel rejuvinated, a perfect day!
Well that ended up being a VERY long post, but that is us the last week or so! We have had a great week and celebrated Jaden often! Life is good and I couldn't love my family more!

3 comments:

Suzi Q said...

Fun! Two years old! What a darling boy!c

Our Fondaco Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Katie! I just can't believe he is TWO! I can still remember you coming to visit me @ school with your cute prego belly! (Which I'm hoping to see more recent pics of, too!) He is such a sweet little guy and you are so blessed to have him and Shawn! I'm so proud of you guys! I feel like your little mommy! :) Congrats on all that you have achieved so far, I know there is much more to come! I miss you tons and tons! Now when are we EVER going to get together!?!? Love you! ~KD

Em said...

LOVE IT! keep the updates a flowin'! I am reading!