Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!!

So it has taken a lot longer than we planner but we are FINALLY in Eden and couldn't be happier!
Its amazing to me that in the short amount of time we have been here it already feels like home!
Its so nice to have space for Jaden to run around and room for people to come visit! I love that everything has a place and it actually feel SO much easier to keep a house clean than an apartment because I actually have a place to put things so there is less clutter! The ward here is wonderful and the scenery is amazing! This is the view from our patio!


We feel so blessed to be here! Shawn had his last day at Zions today and will start working for G2 on Thursday! Our lives will be changing quite a bit as this is a much more demanding job than we are used to, but it will be well worth it, especially for him! He is very excited to get started, as he told me this morning before he left for work, this is the day he has been waiting for for the last 10 months! It was worth the wait!
There isn't a whole lot in Eden, but that's one of our favorite things about it! Its very laid back and i find myself feeling so grateful each day for the beautiful scenery around us...Shawn is also excited that the Pineview boat dock is less tan 10 minutes from our front door!

Jaden has been doing especially well with the move! I think one of his favorite things is.....


His big boy bed!!! he has been so excited about it! Whenever anyone has come over he is always so excited to show them his big boy bed! I am so glad we moved him to the bed our first night here it was the perfect time for the transition and he has done great! He hasn't tried to get out of it, he will sit up in the morning and wait for me to come get him while he screams "Let me out, let me out, mommy let me out!" it's quite funny actually! He has fallen out twice in the last week but we have kept a matress under the bed that we pull up next to it when he goes to sleep so he has landed on that and not been too upset, he will cry and I will just go get him and put him back in. its actually been quite a smooth transition. (knock on wood)

Since I havent been working other than swimming lessons a few days a week Jaden and I have had a lot more time just the two of us. Cometime I fins us kind of looking at eachother and thinking...okay what now... :) We always manage to find something fun and do have a lot of fun though and i feel like it has made me a better mom! We go on walks, play at the pool, dig in the dirt (with Jaden its not exactly called gardening) and we seem to spend a few afternoons at the park (I say THE park because there is only ONE in Eden) and occasionally I will drive to hunsville and we will play at the park there (its much bigger). The upside is that he seems to stay longer and enjoy them more seeing as we don't go as much and he doesnt see them everywhere!
It also has been great to have a playroom for Jaden, its down stairs so he doesnt see all of his toys all day long and plays much longer and happier with them when we go down.

Jaden has been VERY into trains the last few months...
(thanks for the outfit nana)

So for an early birthday present we took him to Thomas the Train a few weekends ago and he has a blast!!!! Here are some pictures!


I made the mistake of telling jaden to show me his cheese face when I brush his teeth.... so now when I tell him to say cheese for a picture....this is what i get, the "oh no not again" face.

a real smile

This is my FAVORITE picture and I think it sums up his feelings on the experience.

So that pretty much sums us up!
We love Eden and are so glad for the opportunity to live here and hope we dont have to
leave for a VERY long time!

3 comments:

Blake and Kathryn said...

:o)

Kellie said...

Yea I am glad you guys finally made it up there. It looks like a fun little place.

Tim and Stephanie said...

What a nice place to have your little family! Congrats on the move. You should post pics of your house! Jaden is getting so big, but still just as handsome! :) Glad you are enjoying your new home! Congrats.