Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jaden's Big Day

So today was the day. We got to Primary's at 7:45 They checked Jaden in and told us his surgery wasnt until 930. Since he hadn't eaten or drank anything since the night before we had to keep him busy or we would have trouble! They dressed him in his little hospital jammies and we went to wait in the toy room. The time actually went by quite fast, thank goodness and before we knew it, it was time.

Mom getting Jaden dressed

Jaden thought the socks would be more fun in his mouth than on his feet.

A really cute thing the nurses did was tag jaden's special frog's foot (this is the stuffed animal we got him at Primary's in March when he had rsv) just like they tagged his foot... they're so good!


Jaden loved the toy room...he had no idea what was coming!


At about 930 things got not so fun, I handed Jaden off to the anesthesiologist and had to go out one set of doors while he was sitting there crying and reaching for me... then i cried. It was so hard to let him go and know that he had to be put out. Even though it was a minor out patient surgery I was a wreck. I'm so grateful Shawn had the day off, I couldn't have done it without him.

Then we waited...his surgery lasted about 45 minutes, and then the dr came to talk to us. He said everything went well and that Jaden was in the recovery room but that only one of us could go back to see him until they transfered hiim to post op. Luckily my husband is the sweetest and let me go back. When i got back there he was sitting with a cute little recovery nurse drinking some apple juice. What a relief! We headed into post op and shawn met us there. Jaden drank and drank and drank until he threw up...so unfortunately we had to stay a little bit longer than expected so we could get him some nausea medicine! Well after all that he crashed!


We finally got discharged around 130 and headed home! Jaden thought riding in the wagon to the car was pretty cool...but he was also kinda drugged!


Daddy and Jaden
I was amazed at what a good mood he was in...he's such a trooper!


It was so nice to get home and all in all turned out a lot better than we expected! He was so brave and we are so proud of him! He hit on all the nurses and they just loved him! We couldn't have asked for a better team of dr and nurses taking care of him and just can't say enough about how great Primary Children's is!

When we got home we gave Jaden some pain medicine and just planned on a low key afternoon... I thought for sure he would just want to snuggle like at the hospital! I was SO wrong! Apparently lortab doesn't effect my child like that. he was SO wired and so funny! It's like he's drunk! He has been hilarious all afternoon, walking crooked, jumping all around, what a riot! We are so thankful this was such a smooth experience, I know tomorrow is a new day and I don't know exactly how that will go, but i feel so blessed he was watched over and all went well...

Here is a pic of Jaden wired! I really should have videoed him...

4 comments:

Our Fondaco Family said...

Katie girl! What kind of surgery did he have? I know exactly how you feel/felt about handing your baby off to the dr and waiting for them to be done... I went through the same thing with Sophia for her MRI.... and her reaction to the meds was WEIRD!! I'm glad to hear everything went well for him! I will join the club again next month when Carmine goes in for his eye surgery! Hope to hear from you soon! (On FB would be ok!!) Love and prayers, Kd

Tim and Stephanie said...

I'm so glad everything went well! I totally don't blame you for being a wreck, I would totally be the same! He is such a trooper, what a good little boy! :)

Jamie said...

SURGERY?!?! Why were we not informed of this? Is he alright? Do you guys need anything? I cant' believe I didnt' know about this! That just goes to show how long it's been and that we need to get together soon!

l + j said...

i'm so glad everything went well! that's a hard thing to go through, but those kids can bounce back from anything!