Monday, June 16, 2008

The Best New Daddy!


Yesterday we spent the day at my parents house for Fathers Day! My niece Marissa adores Shawn! I think his favorite thing is to come over while I am holding her and she'll just look at me and say "Shawn" and stick out her arms! Whenever she hears his voice she comes charging in the room! Everytime I watch them together it just reminds me of what an incredible dad shawn is going to be! I'm so lucky to have him as by husband and to be sealed to him forever! He is going to be the best daddy! The other night we were talking about how there will be a few nights I will have to stay at work late with the baby, and I was telling him that if he didn't have a lot of homework those nights he could just come over and hang out with us! Well, his response was, or I could just come after work and pick up the baby so you coud focus that last little time on Danica and I could have some time alone with the him. How many new daddys would say that! He is just the best and I am VERY lucky!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

yeah, you picked a great guy. Doug is the same way and will take care of Nixon by himself anytime i need him too, or just do it without me asking. We are two lucky girls, cause i know lots of men that won't even change a diaper or help out with the kids that much, it sort of bugs me, but if their wife puts up with it, then that's their fault. =) anyways, i'm glad you two are so happy!

Em said...

OOOOhhhhh, Katers- are you getting sentimental the last few weeks of preggerness. Too cute. Love you both!