Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I have been blessed!!!

You know that country song... "I have been blessed...with so much more than I deserve, to be here with the ones who love you to love them so much it hurts" Well that describes perfectly my feelings as of late! I feel so lucky to have who and what I have I consider my self very very blessed! I just stink at blogging about it and lately at taking pictures too! I worked SO hard on the kids Halloween costumes this year and I got a few pictures but not as many as I would have liked especially of Ella! She was grumpy and honestly I didn't want to force it! But....what do you do! We have had a very fun filled and BUSY October and November even has more going on! Hopefully I will be better at updating that :)


Anyways, to start off our Halloween festivities we headed to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. You would think that living up in Eden we would have more pumpkin patches to choose from but unfortunately not so much. We did find this little gem though and had a great time! Jaden enjoyed being the leader... until his legs got tired...Then on to our annual pumpkin carving night! Jaden wanted to be much more involved this year...Ella not so much! Anyways we had a great time carving pumpkins and having donuts and hot cocoa! Even gluten free donuts :)

I did a terrible job at taking pictures of the kids in their costumes....it had been kind of a long day by the time it was time to go trick or treating...maybe one of these days I will make them re dress up and try again...when the snow melts of course! :)

This year Jaden was "A kung fu panda wolf" Which being interpreted is the big bad wolf who does kung fu and blows little red riding hood's house down. (we might have had a little confusion but it was fun! Ella was Little Red Riding Hood! I make both of the kids costumes with the exception of Jaden's hat which we found via the internet but I was quite pleased with how they turned out! I'm learning....
At one house there was a lit up ghost, Jaden turned to me and sai "look mo a ghost....just like the holy ghost!" I laughed and then replied that it was, but the holy ghost wasn't scary like that ghost, to which Jaden replied, "well he's a little bit scary!" Probably my favorite conversation of the night!

Jaden told me he wanted to go trick or treating to every house in the whole world....but when I told him he could go home and pass out candy to kids he was even more excited!!! Too bad we didn't get too many kids, but he still enjoyed himself!!!


I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween and are feeling as blessed as I am!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I LOVE the kids costumes! They turned out super cute! I miss you so much my Katie Friend!

One Busy Mom said...

Love. Your Blog! You have such a happy family. You and Shawn are such good parents...Jaden and Ella will look back and make all the other kids jealous when talk about the fun things their family did. :) Miss you! We need a girls night!

Kristine and Ryan said...

LOVE the costumes. Had no idea that you made them. Your kids are adorable.