Thursday, January 27, 2011

Introducing Duke...and a January Update!

Meet Duke!

The newest member of the Clegg Family! I know what you are all thinking and yes we are crazy to have an infant and puppy....

Duke joined our family 2 weeks ago, he and Ella are the same age...10 weeks! He's a yellow lab and a good little guy...but he is a puppy and puppies (especially labs) are naughty! So he has kept us on out toes. Shawn had been wanting to try another dog for quite some time but we were nervous because of what happened with Max... w came to the conclusion though that the reason we had such a hard time with Max is because we were in a carpeted basement apartment in the winter without much ventilation...we haven't had any allergy problems with Duke so that's all we can figure....

Anyways...Duke is Shawn and Jaden's dog...even though we all know that being a stay at home mom means I take care of most the dirty work although shawn gets up with him at night.

Jaden and Duke are buddies! They usually start off like this....


and end up like this....

Although they have their moments Jaden absolutely adores having Duke and that, to me, makes it worth it! He wakes up every morning and wants to go get Duke and Ella and he snuggles with Duke while he watches a show in the morning....its nice for him to have a buddy! Their favorite thing to do is go outside and play in the snow! Sometimes Jaden will just march around the deck while Duke follows him and he'll sing "follow the prophet" it's pretty cute!


One of Jaden's favorite things to do outside is make snow angels....

Personally I loved having a dog growing up and I know Jaden and Duke will continue to just become better buddies! We love taking Duke on walks every day. Ella seems to like them too but we have to bundle her up pretty good!

Seriously it doesn't get much cuter!

Jaden and I have been doing a lot of baking as well...mainly cupcakes at daddy's request! Frosting the cupcakes is Jadens favorite part...if you can't tell :)


Duke is a great napper during the day, and we find him in some fun places...

Which is nice because it allows us some snuggle time too!


But Duke also gets his fair share of snuggles!


Jaden is such a great big brother and he loves Ella SO much!


Jaden is growing up so fast and to be honest I'm kinda having a hard time dealing with it! He's my little boy! Lately he has been SO into dinosaurs , he can pick out a T rex, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops, and tell you what about them makes them different! He loves to play doctor and rock band with his guitar and saxaphone! He always wants to help me cook and clean, sometimes too much! :) His imagination is growing like crazy and he loves to play pretend! He has recently decided that he is going to go potty all by himself...standing on the toilet seat....it's been quite interesting and the bathroom is now a daily cleaning project for mom! :) He is getting so independent and I am just going to have to accept that my baby is growing up!

Dinosaur Jaden

My little Ella Kate is getting SO big! She had her 2 month apt last week and was 10.6lbs! She's in the 37th percentile for weight and 67th for height! She is smiling laughing and "talking" up a storm! She loves to play and is obsessed with her tounge! She is such a pleasant baby! She has the sweetest personality and is just a joy! She loves to be held but also loves to have her quiet time! (which at our house is never that quiet) She's been sleeping good and I can't imagine our lives without her!


I feel so blessed to have my little family! Moving up to Eden and being forced to spend so much more time alone and at home, has made me stop and enjoy the little moments I have with my family and I couldn't be more grateful!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Love it! I loved this post. That's all I have to say. :)

Sue said...

I am in love with your children.

Suzi Q said...

Cute cute cute cute cute :)