Monday, November 8, 2010

100th Post

So...I was hoping that my 100th post would be announcing the birth of our sweet little girl, unfortunately....no such luck.
With Jaden being born at 37 weeks to the day, we figured this little one would be early as well... but just as everything in this pregnancy has been completely different than Jaden's, it looks like delivery will be as well! :) So as anxious as I am to meet this little girl, I am trying (not very successfully) to be patient. In the meantime, here is our Halloween Post :)

This year has been SO much fun with Jaden. He enjoyed Halloween last year but is really starting to get it all this year and he had a blast, and so did we!

We did a lot of fun Halloween crafts this year...As you can see in this picture, most of everything ends up on jaden instead of the craft!
Since Jaden is getting older and really starting to get into the holidays, I decided we should really start deciding on some fun family traditions that we can do every year! I LOVE traditions! I think its what makes holidays so great! We decided that for FHE the week of Halloween we would carve pumpkins, Jaden was SO excited! We had bought a little scarecrow for our front porch and Jaden decided that it was his "buddy" for the first few days we had him, Jaden wouldn't let me put him outside by himself, so when we got the pumpkin, Jaden was so excited that it could keep his "buddy" company! Then when we made it a Jack-o-lantern, he thought it was even better!

Daddy and Jaden getting ready to carve!

Jaden is his father's child and DID NOT want to get his hands messy, even to carve the pumpkin

But he still had a blast

The finished product....obviously Shawn and I don't have a ton of pumpkin carving experience :)

Since Jaden is SO into pirates, that's what we decided he should be for Halloween!
I couldn't find a pirate costume I loved...so I just kind of put one together...my mom hooked us up with a bunch of accessories that Jaden LOVED and this is what we ended up with!

Jaden and his "buddy"
Jaden and Daddy at the Clegg Halloween Party
This year the Party was on Saturday the 30th and since the houses are so far apart in Eden, its hard to trick or treat with a toddler, so it worked out well to be in Lehi, and it was great to see and be with family!
Eating his HUGE pumpkin sugar cook Grandma Clegg made him
Trick or treating in the POURING rain!!!
Each pregnancy I agree to take 1 picture for the baby book, so baby girl this one is for you!
Mom at 37 weeks

Hopefully our next post will be baby girl!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh! You look great! That's what I looked like around 27 weeks!
Cute cute pirate costume! I lucked out and borrowed mine from my sis-in-law. This was definitely a popular year for pirates. My cousins little girl was one too! :) And I can't wait for your next post!

Langfamily said...

Jaden's costume turned out way good. Looks like he had a blast. Kate was the same with the pumpkin carving all she wanted to do was to stab the pumpkin. Love the pregnancy picture you look great you can still go a few more weeks. Hehe

Em said...

Love the preggers shot, and LOVE the pirate costume!

Brianna said...

You me look like a whale... just so you know. :-)
Jadens costumes is SO cute! Love it!
And I hope that baby decides to come soon now that your so close to the "safe" zone. Eat mexican food... I hear that helps. Walk a lot. I had a friend who went to a zone therapist and had her feet zoned... she went into labor later that night..... that might help. But word of adivce, no matter how much you want that baby out, DON'T take caster oil. People will tell you it's a great idea... it's really, really not. :) Tried it, bad, bad things happened. :) Good luck!

Tim and Stephanie said...

You look so cute! Can't wait to see baby girl! :)